"HISTORY CAN ONLY BE TOLD BY THOSE WHO MADE IT"
Welcome to The History of Jet Skis! Our non-profit group focuses on the History of Jet Skis: 'who and what came before, during and after', the creators, inventors and international pursuits.
Personal Water Craft (PWC) historically evolved around paddle type craft, then when the industrial revolution took place, ingenious and curious creators began applying a variety of solutions using available power engines to increase speed and maneuverability.
A modern day PWC or Jet Ski (trademark name of Kawasaki product line) recreational watercraft is defined by the rider who sits or stands on, rather than inside of, as in a boat. PWCs have two six distinct categories:
1. Stand Up - 1 person on board
2. Sport 1-2 persons on board
3. Runabout 1-3 persons on board
4. Freeride (customs) single stand up hulls
5. Sport Utility Vessels - Up to 4 persons on board
6. SAR - Search and Rescue Utility Vessels
RWCA members are eligible to send us photos and it is possible we will render it into the digital history books! Please share your photos, memories, races, triumphs and rides with the world as we build your Jetski community to preserve the heritage and legacy for future generations to enjoy.
We are constantly adding new content, so visit often! We appreciate your participation, together we can chronicle the data from the early years of the sport and industry, so the present generation knows where we came from.
Which Generation are you?
1. First Generation-1973-1979
2. Second Generation 1980-1989
3. Third Generation 1990-1999
4. Fourth Generation 2000-2009
5. Fifth Generation 2010+